Last updated: 21st Jan 2022
If anything isn’t clear or if you have any questions, please get in touch.
Please only keep your appointment if you can answer NO to all the questions:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss of, or change to, your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you or any member of your household/family had a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 in the last 10 days?
- Are you or any member of your household/family waiting for a COVID-19 PCR test result?
- Have you travelled internationally in the last 10 days to a country that is on the government red list?
- Have you or any member of your household/family been advised to isolate by any NHS organisation in the last 10 days?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, please let us know and postpone your appointment as soon as possible.
Before your appointment:
- Please complete the pre-appointment checks using the link in your text message reminder
- If any of your answers to the above questions change to ‘Yes’ before your appointment, you should stay at home and not attend. Please let us know if this is the case.
- Please bring the minimum number of items with you.
- Please attend alone if possible. If somebody needs to accompany you (e.g. child under 16y), please have only 1 person with you.
Please wear a face mask when you attend (unless exempt).
When you arrive
- Come straight in – there’s no need to call us to tell us you’ve arrived.
- We’ll ask you to alcohol gel your hands when you enter.
- Please respect social distancing in the waiting room. Don’t congregate at the desk – if the receptionist is busy, take a seat until they’re free.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, or anything is unclear, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help